Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Boys

I have been sick since last Saturday. I have a monster of a cold that started in my sinuses and now has traveled to my chest. But this post is only 10% me whining and 90% gratitude... Last night I woke up every single hour with a new coughing fit and two of my boys were there for me every time. Poor Patrick, I don't know how he got any sleep. Every time I'd start coughing he'd touch my hand or my back, letting me know he was there. That sure helped me feel less miserable. Then Koda, who usually sleeps in the kennel or at the foot of the bed, came and laid down alongside the bed closest to me (I nearly stepped on him when I got up to go to the bathroom). He's been sticking close to me all day as well. This sure beats being single and dogless, even if I am sick.

2 comments:

Momcob said...

I am glad you can see the positive! It is wonderful that you have someone to share your life! What a blessing.

the ginabean said...

I'm ready for a new posty-post. :)