Saturday, April 11, 2009

swollen

I'm so swollen. There are only a few pairs of shoes I can get on and fewer that don't drive me crazy. My feet and ankles are in a state of permanent pitting edema. There's no way I'll ever be able to get my wedding ring off. (I did try taking it off a few weeks ago, but it felt so weird not to wear it that I put it back on knowing it would only get worse.)
To add to the loveliness, there was protein in my urine on Thursday's appointment. Which means I am technically toxemic. Everything is fine as long as my blood pressure doesn't go up as well. If it does, then they will probably induce me, which is not too big a problem since we'll be considered term if we make it one more day.
I'm sorry for the complaining. I've been trying to do less of that, but this has understandably been on my mind. One fabulous thing about this little drama has been the wonderful feeling of calm Heavenly Father has given me ever since the initial upset. It helps so much. I am grateful.

3 comments:

CailĂ­n said...

Poor Jamie. You are not complaining...it is all fact. I feel for you. I am so excited to hear all about your baby girl.

the ginabean said...

Makes me look forward to pregnancy...At least you get a cute, cuddly baby girl out of the deal! Maybe hard to keep in mind before she's here...

You still working?

Sharon said...

Just wanted you to know that we are thinking about you as you prepare for your new arrival! (If she's not here already!)