Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Biker

Ok, sometimes, maybe I'm a bicyclist. Back at the beginning of June, I somehow became involved in a relay race in Ennis, MT with my sisters and mom. I rode 8 miles on my bike and didn't die and actually wasn't that sore. My muscles could have gone longer...my bum, not so much. I made it in 38 minutes according to the time stamp on the following picture taken by my mom at the relay point. Tawnia rocked it in her beautiful canoe. Mom walked the walk and Trystal ran. Kayla (our newest sister) was there for the assist portion.


I took the girls in the bike trailer to a park in Iona a week or two ago. It was 6.4 miles round trip. On our way back we saw these cute ducklings in the canal. I'm not sure, but I'm counting about 12 babies there. That is a lot of eggs to push out of one body. Maybe she's the daycare duck?


I guess the hardest part is consistency. To ride all the time, I would pretty much need to take the girls with me, which isn't bad unless the wind is blowing. In Idaho, the wind is blowing all the time. That bike trailer acts like a huge parachute behind a fighter jet slowing it down when it hits the deck. 

The best part is being outside and hearing all the birds and seeing green things. I wish I knew more of the names of what I see. I think it would be fun to be a birdwatcher. I need a good book for that. My birthday is coming....

No comments: