Thursday, January 2, 2014

Camping Labor Day Weekend

We took a much needed 3-day break at Mack's Inn at Island Park for the Labor Day holiday. The girls enjoyed the dirt immensely.



We met my parents up there and were joined by my Aunt Rene & Uncle Dave later on. Anna inhaled grandpa's watermelon.




We went to see the adults (ok, just the old people) launch their kayaks. Unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough getting my phone out to get a picture of my dad hitting the piling and tipping over. It's a good thing he had just emptied out his pockets and given me his wallet, phone, and bluetooth.



We visited Warm Springs and saw this young moose. He was too busy munching his lunch to pay any attention to us.




We also saw a brown bat that must have lived under this bridge. It kept flying out in loopy patterns just above the water surface. Rachael's highlight at this place was feeding the fish cheese. The big ones wouldn't come up for bread, but it was a frenzy for the cheese.





We also played in the river while waiting for our kayakers. Koda LOVES the water. We forgot to bring retrieving toys, so this ginormous stick had to do.


















I am in love with this face.




What is she doing now?



No comments: