Wednesday, July 9, 2014

We're Still Alive

This week was Gary’s first birthday. I’ve been dreading it for a while. I decided at the beginning of the month that I wanted us to do some kind of service on the day to make it less about me and more about us as a family and the good that we can do. We gathered up a bunch of stuff and took it to the Haven which is temporary housing for homeless women and their children. Rachael and Anna both donated one of their baby dolls. Then we stopped at the cemetery with some flowers. We grabbed some sandwiches from Geraldine’s afterward. When we got home, we worked on the garage, which needed some definite decluttering. 


The busyness helped. Of course we had a lot of sad moments throughout the month. It is hard to remember the good things that happened a year ago without the intense pain I felt then pouring back over me. I’m so grateful for our family and friends that have helped us through this year and thought of us on this day. Thank you.


No comments: