Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My Little Princesses

Rachael and Anna both wanted to be princesses for Halloween.  Luckily we had a dress that would fit Rachael with a little hemming. Anna's dress, on the other hand, began as a great idea and then turned into an up-to-the-last-minute sew-a-thon. I never pick something simple for these schemes of mine. I just wanted to make her a dress that was like her: light, breezy, and fun. That translated into chiffon as the material of choice. See all those rounded edges on her petals? Yeah. I'm sure there was an easier way, but it was me with the spray starch and my rolled hem foot for quite a few hours. The actual construction of the dress wasn't bad, until I decided it needed more petals than I had planned. I know. I'm crazy. I finished an hour before our ward trunk-or-treat, which, to be fair, was about three days before Halloween day.


Rachael got to wear her costume to school. We spent lots of time getting her "Elsa" hairdo just right. Then I made a mistake. I suggested makeup since it was a special day. I gave her a little blush, eye shadow, and lipstick. Oh my. She turned 16 in about two minutes. What did I do? Where did my little girl go? She is so beautiful. I can't stand it.








Anna's favorite part about her dress was the twirliness. I love that bit too.

No comments: