Sunday, July 5, 2015

Christmas

Christmas morning dawned quite early for Rachael. She came into our room somewhere around 5 and we had her climb into bed with us. After an hour or so of her tossing and turning. I told her she could go look and see if Santa had come. Then she told me she was scared. I asked why and she explained that she had already peeked before and she thought Santa had brought a cross because they hadn't been good. I had a hard time not laughing. I told her to take Patrick (who was up by now-- he can't handle her moving around for long) and go turn on the lights. She was much more excited the second time around. Patrick and I had made the girls a balance beam to practice on. That was the cross that Rachael had seen.

Once we were all up and in our new Christmas jammies, we called my parents with FaceTime so they could watch the girls unwrap their gifts. Mom and Dad didn't have anyone with them surprisingly, so they enjoyed the call from the comfort of their bed. The girls were excited to show all their new treasures from Santa.

We spent the rest of the day at Patrick's parents' house doing presents, food, and puzzles.







No comments: