Saturday, August 23, 2008

6 Months

Yesterday, Friday the 22nd, was our 6 month anniversary. Sometimes I get taken by suprise that I'm married. I spent a lot of time with the word single attached to my identity. When we got married it seemed like things meshed naturally for us for the most part. We've never had problems with toothpaste squeezing, drinking from the milk jug, or toilet paper orientation. But, sometimes I suddenly see my thought processes and realize that I don't have to think that way anymore because I'm married and the conditions and assumptions I previously used to form attitudes and make decisions don't always apply. But it's a habit. Habits are there so we can conserve mental energy for more important things--new problems, new circumstances--that way you don't have to use all that energy every time you brush your teeth or take out the trash. I'm not really sure of the point of all this. I realize that time and experience will most likely take care of these things, but it's just something I've been thinking about.
Happy (6 Month) Anniversary Patrick!

4 comments:

the ginabean said...

Hooray for 6 months of marriage!

-Oh, and it's a total bummer that I only saw you from a distance tonight at the reunion...how did we let that happen?

Momcob said...

James, you may be married but you still make me laugh. I love both of you together. (Did that sentence make sense?) Anyway, hope to see you soon.

the ginabean said...

I tagged you again. Because you actually play. :) I called it Quirky Me. Have at it.

And by the way...I'm so excited to have a Girls Night Party with you tomorrow!

carolee said...

You guys are too cute! Love it! I miss you Jamie!!