Saturday, August 2, 2008

Shave and a haircut...

Somehow the responsibility to relate this latest tale has fallen to me. I must protest that the event that follows was not my idea. I will claim partial guilt for the outcome as I was fully involved in the process.

Now to the story: Saturday night last week. Just finished watching a movie together. 11:30ish. I vent my frustrations at the mound of cat hair on the pillow and blanket on my side of the bed. (Smokey is Patrick's 13-year-old cat. Ever since we got the puppy he's been shedding double time and my pillow is his favorite place to sleep during the day.) Patrick mirrors my irritation regarding the ever present coating of cat hair on our furniture. He has a brilliant idea. Let's shave the cat! I did not immediately realize that he meant right then, but as he brought out the electric clippers I got the idea pretty quickly.

That brings us to things I've learned: It takes at least 2 people to shave a cat. It also takes at least an hour or 2. Needless to say, we went to bed that night with only a few square inches shaved off Smokey's back. The job was finished the next day after church. Suprisingly, no one was hurt in this adventure and the cat has not been any more grumpy than he already is. I think he's so old he just didn't notice the change in his fur.

However, he does look a little worse for the wear...



4 comments:

Momcob said...

Oh MY!!! We are laughing hysterically. That looks like it took years off the cat!

Jeff Trystal and the kids said...

That's awesome! I had no idea that my brother in law had such an interesting thought pattern as to shave a cat. too funny! thanks for the laugh.

the ginabean said...

That story is nuttin' but funny. Especially the way you told it. Funny, funny stuff...

Eve said...

That is absolutely hilarious, Jamie! I love it :)