Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Roller Skating

The girls have been working on keeping their bedroom clean and earn pompoms each day when they complete certain parts of that. They finally filled the vase up to the top. So we got to go to Starlite Skating as their reward. It was an interesting experience for us. Rachael freaked out as soon as she got in the rink. I had to skate away for awhile and let her finish her fit. Patrick was able to walk with her for a little bit. Anna, on the other hand, had a natural balance with the skates on. She was able to walk/skate around with minimal help from me. In the end, I was very proud of Rachael because even though she was extremely frustrated, she kept trying and was able to make it around a couple times by herself. She would pick a spot to head for on the rail and that helped quite a bit with her balance. It reminded me a little of learning to drive. It wasn't until my dad told me to look at the tire tracks on the road that I was able to keep the car from veering too much to one or the other side. The girls both want to use skating as their next reward. It was so dark in there, it was hard to get good pictures.









No comments: