Friday, January 29, 2010

a Novel idea

I need to read a really good book. The problem is I don't know what's out there. When I go to the library I end up wandering around looking for anything with an interesting cover, knowing fool well the truth in the saying. Last time I picked a truly irritating book. So, I'm asking for suggestions. What should I read? As a caveat, I should also define my idea of a good book:

  • I easily get things stuck in my head. So if I couldn't watch it as a movie due to the rating, I don't want to read it.
  • I love thinking while reading.
  • I love twists and layers.
  • Light humor. Dry humor. Slapstick...
Ok, I can't think of anything else, but you know what I mean. So bring on the suggestions. ;)

5 comments:

Momcob said...

Tawnia just loaned me Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Funny, weird, a pretty quick read.I think somebody was high when they thought it up but an interesting story

carolee said...

You should join goodreads.com. You can post reviews, ratings, etc on books and see what your friends are reading. I always have intentions of finding a good book, but I just don't have the time lately.

the ginabean said...

I'd recommend anything by Markus Zusak, but most specifically The Book Thief. This book is totally in my top 5. Also,

I'm kind of into young adult literature (but not the Twilight flilth; stuff better than that). I love the Inkworld series (Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath). Way better than the Inkheart movie.

Also, the Septimus Heap series is good.

That's all for now...lemme know what you pick up!

Jeff Trystal and the kids said...

i agree with mom hitchhikers guide is good. i am tryig to find a good series as well. hae you read undaunted? i hear good reviews on that and also shattered silence got good reviews as well.

Kory, Tawnia, Marti and Emersyn said...

I would recommend anything with Fabio on the cover.