Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Seattle Trip III: Sunday at the Temple


The day after we arrived in Seattle was a Sunday so we decided to attend church at the Stake Center next to the temple. I was definitely feeling the pines here. I love the forest. The girls of course made a few friends within minutes of getting there. Afterwards, we walked down a short path that connected the church building to the temple parking lot. The girls ate lunch on the temple grounds (it was fast Sunday) before exploring the lawn and flowers. 

Even though it was barely touching 80, that was our first day there in the humidity and low altitude. Accordingly, there was much adult sweatage. I don't think it really affected the girls at all. 

Between Patrick and I, I'm sure we captured the temple from plenty of angles. And everyone knows I'm a sucker for flowers, so be prepared. If you look closely you can see that there are kale and artichoke planted in among the flowers in front of the temple. I don't think I've ever seen them used ornamentally. You may also spot a few bees among the blossoms.




























1 comment:

Momcob said...

Nice to see the Seattle Temple. I sang in the celestial room of this temple when it was dedicated by Pres. Spencer W. Kimball in November 1980. It was one of the great spiritual experiences of my life. I need to go back there!